Tile trends from Coverings 2014 continue with 9 gorgeous glass mosaic tile trends. Ooh la la!
This is the third article in the series about tile trends from Coverings 2014 which took place April 29 through May 2, 2014 in the Las Vegas Convention Center. I started with Patchwork Tile, then Hexagon Tile Trends and now we are going to explore 9 Glass Mosaic Tile Trends.
Are you ready?
Ooh La La Glass Mosaic Tile Trends from Coverings
The gems of the show are always the glass mosaics displayed. You've never seen so many unique ways to add glass as a decorative tile element in a mosaic pattern as you'll find at Coverings! What a great design element to make a kitchen, bath backsplash or wall design stand out! Here are the 9 trends we noticed.
1. The glass mosaic above is complemented with glass pieces that are diamond cut which gives the tile and the overall design a dimensional look.
2. We noticed that vibrant colors are becoming more and more popular in glass tile designs.
3. In the images below, notice how the glass mosaic tile designs include pieces that look like metal ornaments.
4. We liked seeing glass mosaic tile mixed with stone. Combining glass and stones together is always a great dynamic.
5. The patchwork tile trend is also happening with glass mosaic tile! They are onto something with this look as you can see from the image below.
The product below is from Spain and includes 98% recycled glass. This particular mosaic, Cosmic Firenze, is currently available at Tile Outlets of America as a special order purchase. You'll soon see it on display in the inspiration area as a backsplash at the Tile Outlets of America store in Fort Myers. This product is perfect for a pool application.
6. We discovered stone and glass mosaic tile in intricate shapes.
Glass mosaics come in a variety of shapes and sizes. In this photo, stones are incorporated with glass to complement the design. The hourglass mosaics are carefully hand cut and outlined in glass. These ornate glass pieces are absolutely beautiful and are quite delicate.
7. We love glass mosaic tile in herringbone shapes which makes for a unique look. In the photo below, different textured glasses are incorporated into the glass mosaic design. These mosaics come in an assortment of colors that will coordinate with any design.
8. Glass mosaic tile in wavy shapes. The beach wave look in the glass mosaic below is perfect to complement a pool bathroom. This glass design is hand cut for a unique design effect. You could literally sail away with this pattern.
9. Glass pieces are trending longer. We found that glass is becoming a favorite in all shapes and sizes. Along with the mosaics that are trending, long planks of solid glass are trending. The longer glass pieces are very attractive and the added benefit of dimension in the glass brings it from flat to textured.
These glass mosaic pieces shown below are 2x16 in size and are also available in 2x12, 4x12, 4x16 and 8x16. The larger format of glass pieces shows beautifully in a shower.
These nine glass mosaic tile trends from Coverings 2014 are ones that we think will make a difference in creating your forever home dream space. If you're wondering whether glass tile is a trend, believe me when I say that it is a gem of a trend with longevity that you will enjoy tremendously!
Additional Ideas for Incorporating Glass Mosaic Tile Trends in your Home
- Notice this beautiful bathroom done entirely in mosaic glass tile that DIY Network's Bath Crashers and Bathtastic! includes in his 10 Best Bathroom Remodeling Trends
- Feast your eyes on these many beautiful kitchen and bath spaces on Houzz where glass mosaic tile transforms the room...
What do you think of these 9 glass mosaic tile trends? Glass mosaic tile is ideal for bringing out the jewel in a room. I'd love to hear which trend you prefer and how you might use them in your home to possibly inject vibrant color and texture for a pop of color and interest to wake up a room.
Next, we'll explore what's trending in thin tile for floors and walls.